Check out the top 10 reasons to vote for the New Kid on the Block
10. Barack Obama has the intellect, natural talent and charisma to communicate effectively to the entire world, bring people together, change the status quo and move our country forward.
9. He has the broadest base of supporters, has not accepted PAC money and is the least compromised by big money special interests.
8. He has sponsored, co-sponsored and advocated for significant and realistic legislation to end global warming by capturing and safely disposing carbon dioxide, raising vehicle fuel economy standards and replacing petroleum with home-grown biofuels like cellulosic ethanol.
7. Barack Obama is committed to universal health care by the end of his first term.
6. He has received an A+ score from the Genocide Intervention Network for being a "champion" and taking crucial action to end the genocide in Darfur, co-sponsoring and voting for all significant Darfur legislation.
5. He opposed the Iraq war before it started and has a specific plan for redeploying all combat troops by March 31, 2008.
4. He has the most experience as an elected official and legislator with over 10 years in state and federal public service. He is the only top Democratic candidate who understands both state and federal government as an elected legislator.
3. He also taught Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago, so he knows how our government is supposed to work.
2. After graduating Harvard Law, Magna Cum Laude and president of the Harvard Law Review, Obama could have become a wealthy corporate or trial lawyer but returned to Chicago to practice civil rights law.
1. Barack Obama has personal experience with poverty and the growing income gap, having grown up abroad in Indonesia and working as a community organizer in the south side of Chicago.